I was in the mood for something snack-y today. I am not much of a snack person, and we’ve been trying to lose a few pounds (me from the baby and my husband from his sympathy weight). So, I decided to make up some of these chickpeas. These are a perfect snack – crunchy, sweet and salty, fast and easy, and full of fiber and protein. My husband was skeptical about snacking on chickpeas, but these were so good (they’re addictive!) that they won him over. I ate a ton of these, and I like these so much that I’m working on some other flavor combos. I’ll post those when/if they turn out as well as I hope they will. In the mean time, these are awesome, so give them a try!
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
2 T. butter
1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
1 T. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Heat butter in a large, oven proof skillet.
- Add chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar over chickpeas; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.