Most mornings I wake up hungry. And a hungry me is a grouchy me. I love my family, so I try to eat breakfast right away. I don’t cook breakfast most mornings, but, when I do, it needs to be something that I can make quickly. Something like toast and egg cups that take about two minutes to get ready and into the oven. In addition to being a quick way to make a hot breakfast, this is a total blank canvas recipe. You can make it as is, or customize it with things like leftover ham or veggies.
4 slices bread
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 T. milk or fat-free half-and-half
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut out pieces of bread using a cookie cutter .
- Put the bread rounds into the muffin tins; press gently into tin.
- Use the remaining bread to fit into remaining muffin tins.
- Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on each piece of bread.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in milk or half-and-half; beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.