Easy {Microwave} Meyer Lemon Curd

Share >Pin on PinterestShare on YummlyShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

Meyer Lemon Curd Follow Me on Pinterest

The other day I realized that I have a whole, long list of foods that I’ve never tried but would like to. They’re foods that I’ve heard of or read about and filed away, thinking, “I should try that one day” but never have – my foodie bucket list, so to speak. So, I decided to start working my way down the list. This recipe crosses two foods off that list – Meyer lemons and lemon curd. I’ve never made lemon curd before because it seemed fairly labor intensive. Then, I stumbled on this microwave method for making lemon curd in Southern Living, and Meyer lemons were on sale. So, I took it as a sign and made some lemon curd, and I realized that I have been missing out! It is sweet and tart and bright and citrus-y. And I can’t wait to slather it all over some scones in the morning.

Easy {Microwave} Meyer Lemon Curd

• 1 ¾ c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. (8 T.) butter, softened
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 c. freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (about 4 Meyer lemons)
  • 2 T. grated Meyer lemon zest
Instructions
  1. With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well-combined.
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  3. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
  4. Pour into a 3-quart, microwave-safe bowl.
  5. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring at 1-minute intervals.
  6. Continue cooking for 1-2 more minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals, until starts to thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
  7. Press plastic wrap to the surface of the lemon curd, and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until firm.
  8. Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.

Adapted from Southern Living February 2013

Comments

It’s so easy to make, and most people don’t know that, so they’re still impressed when you make it. The little jars of lemon curd at the store are super cute, though. =)

It is really easy. That does sound good! I used it to make some easy lemon bars. Thanks! I would love to come by your blog hop!! =)

I love lemon! I found an awesome cake recipe that is filled with lemon curd. Your recipe would be perfect for this. Homemade is much better than store bought! thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays. I will be featuring this at tomorrow night’s party. Pinning and sharing on Facebook as well! :)

Julie @ This Gal Cooks

Did you read my mind? I was thinking yesterday, as I was leaving Walmart with lemons but without lemon curd, that I have a recipe I want to try. But there was no way I was going back in there. Now I see cranberry oatmeal lemon bars in my future! Thanks for posting!

Wow, cranberry oatmeal lemon bars sound delicious!! Yeah, the whole leaving the store without an ingredient happens to me all.the.time!! Hope this works out well for your bars!

Thanks!! I’m jealous of your Meyer lemon tree; I would love to have one! I would be glad to share it! Thanks so much for the invite!! =)

3. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen says

Oh I love lemon curd! What a great and easy recipe! Thanks for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s!

Thank you!! Lemon curd always comes in those cute, little jars, but it can be pricey. This took me 10 minutes from start to finish, so it’s a good alternative to buying those cute, little jars. I hope you enjoy this!

4. Ali @ Jamhands.net says

Curds are so simple yet they have so much flavor. I need to find some Meyer Lemons asap to try this :) If you don’t mind I wanted to invite you to come link up at Recipe Sharing Monday and share your favorite recipes. Have a super week. :)

Not only do I not mind, I’m thrilled to get an invite to a new link party =). Thanks so much for stopping by and for the invite!! =)

Me too!! It seemed so complicated and involved. Making lemon curd in the microwave is really easy, though. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks so much for stopping by! =)

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!! I was eating it by the spoonful and couldn’t wait for it to cool. =)