{Overnight} Crockpot German Chocolate Oatmeal

Share >Pin on PinterestShare on YummlyShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

{Overnight} Crockpot German Chocolate Oatmeal Follow Me on Pinterest

Oatmeal is one of the few healthy foods that I can get my three year-old to eat for breakfast, which means we end up eating a lot of oatmeal. I like to find new flavors and ways to make it so we don’t get tired of it. Our regular rotation includes individual baked oatmeals and overnight steel cut oats. This is special occasion oatmeal (ok, that sounds like an oxymoron, but go with me on this). Since you make it in the crockpot, it’s ready to serve in the morning, which is great for times when holidays (like Valentine’s Day) or other special occasions fall on weekdays. There’s no sugar in the oatmeal because I put the sugar on after the oatmeal is done. The brown sugar melts to form a caramel-y sauce, and I’ve found that we don’t use as much sugar if we add it at the end.

{Overnight} Crockpot German Chocolate Oatmeal
  • 2 c. steel cut oats
  • 7 c. water
  • 1 (13.5 oz.) can lite coconut milk
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • Brown sugar
  • Sweetened, shredded coconut
  • Chopped pecans
  1. Grease slow cooker.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, water, coconut milk, and cocoa powder.
  3. Pour into slow cooker.
  4. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  5. To serve, top (in order) with brown sugar, pecans, shredded coconut to taste.

Overnight Crock Pot German Chocolate Oatmeal Follow Me on Pinterest
Want even more overnight crock pot breakfast recipes?

Overnight Crockpot Banana Bread Oatmeal Follow Me on Pinterest Overnight Crock Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal

Overnight Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal Follow Me on Pinterest

Overnight Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal

check out these recipes, too!

Slow Cooker Overnight Pecan Pie Oatmeal Recipe Poor oatmeal! It's so often thought of as a boring breakfast. But it doesn't have to be! Oatmeal makes a great blank canvas for your favo...
Overnight Crockpot Banana Bread Oatmeal It's that time of year, and back to school means busy mornings. When I was in school, it seemed like there was never enough time for breakfast. I ...
Coconut Almond Overnight Oats This post has been sponsored by The Quaker Oats Company. All my opinions are my own.   It's time for back to school! This is one of the busies...
Banana Split Overnight Oats I'm always trying to figure out a way to get more healthy foods into our diet. Sometimes, I have to be creative with what I call things - like wit...

1. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says

Delish! My kids would love this! Thank you for sharing at last week’s week’s All My Bloggy Friends :)

I’m a full time student, wife (to a husband that travels), and a mom…so breakfast has been tough for me since the semester started 3 weeks ago. This is perfect! No more breakfast burritos in the student center! I am making this tomorrow night in my new Crock Pot. Thanks for sharing…I’m so glad to have discovered your lovely blog!

So, you have less than no time! I hope you like it!! If you like oatmeal and want a make-ahead option, you might also like individual baked oatmeals. They reheat well, and the recipe is a blank canvas sorta recipe, so you can totally customize it. Anyway, I am so happy that you took the time to comment!! I hope you enjoy the oatmeal!!! =)

I would just love waking up to this awesome bowl of goodness. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

Hello: I absolutely love your crockpot oatmeal recipe. I wanted to let you know that I have selected your recipe from the Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party as my host favorite. It will be featured on the Daily Dish on Monday. I will send you the link when it goes live. Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Your co host from Nosh My Way,

This looks divine! My 19 month old boys love oatmeal…and chocolate, and mama loves her crockpot. (I noticed you posted oatmeal cups/muffins, those are a favorite around here!) We are going to have to try this recipe soon. Note to self- add steel cut oatmeal to list.
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!! It makes life so much easier when kids will eat foods like oatmeal! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all enjoy it!! =)

Thanks! Oatmeal I can understand, but you don’t like German chocolate cake?!? How is that possible? =) Thanks so much! I will definitely link up!!

6. Diana Rambles says

I have wanted to make overnight oatmeal for a while and even got steel cut oats. The problem is my family wouldn’t want to eat it. I guess I need some overnight guests! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

Yum – I just pinned this and can’t wait to try it! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at ‘Or so she says …’ Also, don’t miss the Sweethearts Giveaway starting on Monday with over $2,000 in prizes. Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com

Thanks for checking it out!! Cooking them in the crockpot seemed to cut down on some of the oat-y-ness, so I hope you all enjoy them!!! =)

Me too!!! I love my crockpot!!! (My teenage self is so embarrassed right now) Thanks so much for stopping by and for leaving comments! I totally appreciate your comments =)