Sometimes I just want to eat a doughnut (or is it donut? I never know which one to go with). And if that doughnut is covered with hot, toasty marshmallow goodness, so much the better.
Peanut Butter S’mores Baked Doughnuts
- 3 T. peanut butter
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. graham cracker crumbs (2 full sheets)
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 8 full-size donut cups in your donut pans.
- In a large saucepan, stir butter and peanut butter together over low heat until melted.
- Once butter and peanut butter are melted, removed pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugars, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir milk, egg, and vanilla into peanut butter mixture until well-combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Divide batter between donut cups.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until donuts spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove pans from oven, and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over hot donuts.
- Turn oven to broil, and put donuts under broiler until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown, about 1 minute (watch them closely).
- Let donuts cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, and enjoy the donuts while they’re warm.