I hope that you’re sitting down. Today’s recipe is not.a.dessert. There is no caramel or chocolate or marshmallows. That will come on Friday. Instead, there’s a different sort of deliciousness – fruit (and peanut butter! You know I love my peanut butter). This parfait is a great, quick breakfast or snack. It’s not very sweet, though, so if you like your parfaits on the sweeter side, you may want to throw in a sugar of some sort (although all of the desserts I’ve eaten lately may just be throwing my tastebuds out of whack).
3/4 c. fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
2/3 c. milk (I like to use unsweetened almond milk in this)
1/3 c. oats
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 ½ c. frozen sliced bananas
1 c. frozen sliced strawberries
1 c. granola
1 banana, sliced
- Combine yogurt, milk, oats, peanut butter, frozen banana, and frozen strawberries in a blender.
- Pulse until it reaches desired consistency.
- Pour half the yogurt into dishes.
- Sprinkle half granola over yogurt.
- Add half of the banana slices.
- Pour remaining yogurt over banana, and top with remaining banana slices and granola.