Oh, how I love these molten chocolate cakes!! They are so rich and soooooo delicious! These little cakes are my go-to recipe when I need a “fancy” dessert because they never fail to impress. I even made these molten chocolate cakes for dessert the first time I cooked for my husband. They’re also really easy to make, and they can be made ahead of time and then just popped into the oven when it’s time for dessert.
4 (1 oz.) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. (8 T.) butter
1 c. powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks from large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 T. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease 4 ramekins.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high for 1 minute, or until butter has melted.
- Whisk together butter and chocolate until chocolate has melted and is incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar, and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the eggs, yolks, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add flour, and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins.
- Set ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are firm but the center is still soft.
- Let the cakes stand for 1 minute.
- Run a thin knife around the edge to loosen cakes, and invert onto plate.
- Dust with additional powdered sugar, and serve warm.
- To make ahead, make through step 7. Then, cover ramekin with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- To bake, set out ramekins while you preheat the oven. Bake as directed.