Need a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe? This black bean lasagna is quick, versatile, and super yummy. It’s great as is or with a little leftover shredded chicken, beef, or pork thrown in.
Black Bean Lasagna
- 2 (14 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions, undrained
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel, drained (I use one mild green chile and one cilantro and lime)
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, stir together black beans, tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and salt.
- Spread heaping 1/2 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Place 6 tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
- Layer half of bean mixture and then 1 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
- Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, and cheese.
- Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, uncovered, before serving.