{Baked} Chicken Fajita Dippers

{Baked} Chicken Fajita Dippers Follow Me on Pinterest

With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I really wanted to squeeze one more Mexican food post in. In our house, it’s unusual for everyone to agree on food, but we all love Mexican and Tex-Mex. Sometimes Mexican food can be messy, especially for kids (Who am I kidding? I always make a mess with it, too). These dippers are full of chicken fajita filling in a neat, fairly mess-free little roll-up.

Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups

1 T. olive oil
1 red or orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 T. taco seasoning
1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
Pinch brown sugar
2 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
About 12 small (fajita-sized) flour tortillas

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 415 F. Line a baking sheet with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
  2. In a large skillet over medium low heat, warm olive oil.
  3. Add diced pepper and onion, and cook until veggies are soft.
  4. Stir in garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
  5. Add taco seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds.
  6. Stir in lime juice and brown sugar.
  7. Add chicken, and stir to combine.
  8. Remove skillet from heat.
  9. Lay tortillas out flat.
  10. Add about 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of filling to the outer third of each tortilla.
  11. Sprinkle cheese evenly over chicken filling.
  12. Tuck the top and bottom in, and roll tortilla up.
  13. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
  14. Lightly mist tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
  15. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until crisp.
  16. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa, or your favorite dipping sauces.

{Baked} Chicken Fajita Dippers Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

1. Salma says

I made these for a dinner party, and they were a hit!! So easy to make and so delicious. They just flew off the plate! I want to make these again for my husband and I for dinner, but to make it dinner friendly instead of bite size, should I just put more filling in each tortilla? What do you suggest?

I’m glad they were a hit! =) You could try using a larger tortilla (like a burrito size)and maybe doubling the amount of filling that the recipe calls for? I hope that helps!

2. Mary says

I’m from portugal, i found your website rencently and i’m very excited to try some of these recipes

That’s awesome! I love finding out all of the cool places that people are coming from! I’m so glad you found my site, and I hope you enjoy the recipes!! =)

3. TheresaG says

These are so amazing! My husband and I literally have these for dinner at least once every few weeks. Fabulous job.

Thanks so much!! I love hearing that! Thanks for taking the time to come back and let me know that you have enjoyed them!! =)

4. Jocelyn says

These are fantastic! I made mine larger than the recipe calls for (I got about seven total dippers), and they were a perfect entree. Your recipes never disappoint!

5. Carol V says

I have a question, how do you cook your chicken in preparation for this recipe? Hoping I am not the only one who would like to know…

Usually if someone has a question on a recipe, there are other people who have that same question, and I’m happy to answer them!! I just boil the chicken and then shred it once it’s cooked. You could also use leftover plain grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken.

Oh, these look fantastic! And baking them?! What a fabulous idea! I’ve pinned these to my I Feel Like Chicken Tonight board. I can’t wait to make them :) I followed you from the Whimsy Wednesdays link party, by the way. I also run a Tasty Tuesdays link party on my blog & I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/Tasty-Tuesdays-Link-Party-9.html

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for coming by! I’ll have to check your party out! =)

7. po says

I made these tonight. They were absolutely delicious and so easy to make! Thanks for the great recipe.

I’m so glad you liked them! Thanks so much for coming back to let me know! That totally makes my night!! =)

Thanks! I think it’s hard to go wrong with Mexican food; there are so many yummy options! =)

Thanks! I must have missed your party this week because I usually link up. Thanks for hosting and for stopping by!! =)

It’s hard to go wrong with fajitas. They’re just so good! Thank you so much for stopping by! =)

Thanks so much, Krista! I learned that trick when I worked in a Mexican restaurant back in the day. =)