This post was originally shared at Or So She Says.
I hated baked potatoes as a kid. Whenever my mom made them, they were met with groans and eye rolls. Poor Mom. Now, as so often happens, I love baked potatoes, especially twice baked potatoes.
These potatoes are a Southwestern-inspired twist on twice baked potatoes. Instead of the usual butter and sour cream, these guys have avocado and fat-free Greek yogurt. So, they have lots of creamy, delicious filling, AND they’re healthy. Total win-win!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 T. dry ranch seasoning mix
- 2 avocados
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake potatoes until done. I like to rub the skin with olive oil and then sprinkle them with kosher salt before baking. I start the potatoes off in the microwave for 5 minutes and then finish them until fork-tender in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in the potatoes. Be careful as some steam and heat will be released. Scoop out the insides into a medium bowl, leaving a sturdy shell of potato and skin.
- Add the yogurt, cheese, ranch seasoning, and avocado insides. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in crumbled bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop mixture back into potato shells.
- Return potatoes to the oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until mixture is warmed.
- To serve, top with remaining 2 tablespoons bacon.