I’ve been on a big popcorn kick lately. It’s such a great blank canvas snack, so you can top it with just about anything. I am especially fond of turning desserts into popcorn toppings.
One of my favorites is this browned butter snickerdoodle popcorn. I used browned butter, which is one of the most delicious foods ever. Then, I dusted it with cinnamon and sugar and topped it with a cinnamon drizzle. The cinnamon-sugar mixture is enough for a generous dusting, so if you don’t like things very sweet, or if you want more of a cinnamon-y, sweet and salty, kettle sort of snack, then cut the cinnamon-sugar mixture portion of the recipe in half.
- 1 (3.3 oz.) bag plain microwave popcorn
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. cinnamon chips
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Continue cooking butter, stirring occasionally, until butter turns amber brown and starts to form specks.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked popcorn and browned butter.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sift cinnamon sugar mixture over popcorn.
- If using cinnamon chips, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir chips, and continue cooking in 10 second increments until melted.
- Drizzle over popcorn.
- Cinnamon drizzle will set up in about 10 minutes.
adapted from She Knows
You may also like
Samoas Chex Mix