Easy Popcorn Ball Recipe

Share >Pin on PinterestShare on YummlyShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

Easy Popcorn Balls Follow Me on Pinterest We try to have a family move night once a week. Since it’s a movie night, our treat is usually popcorn. Once in a while, though, we have the kids’ favorite treat – popcorn balls.

Now, by the time that dinner is over, I’m done with the cooking and baking for the day. So, whatever I make at that point has to be easy.  And this popcorn ball recipe is. It’s really similar to the recipe for cereal treats with a few tweaks and additions. The popcorn balls are delicious with candy (the way my husband and kids like them) or without (the way that I prefer them).

One note – be sure to take out any unpopped kernals before you add in the popcorn.

Easy Popcorn Ball Recipe

Author:
  • 1 bag natural microwave popcorn
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 - 1 c. M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces (optional)
Instructions
  1. Pop popcorn according to package directions; set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
  3. Continue cooking until butter begins to turn golden brown.
  4. Add marshmallows, and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
  5. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
  6. Add popcorn, and fold into marshmallow mixture.
  7. Gently fold in candy, if using.
  8. When mixture is cool enough to handle, lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
  9. Scoop about 1 cup of the popcorn mixture and smoosh it into a ball.
  10. Place on a sheet of waxed paper, parchment paper, or silicone baking mat to cool.

Comments

1. Natalie says

Just realized my kids turn for treats at school tomorrow and I have no eggs to make anything. Then I found this! Thank you!! #savedtheday

I’m so glad! I don’t know how many times I’ve gone to make something and realized that I didn’t have any eggs. Hope the kids enjoyed them!

Hi! It made about 8 1-cup popcorn balls. Just as an aside – the 1-cup size is perfect for my husband and myself, but it’s a little large for our kids (ages 2 and 4). Good luck! I hope they’re a hit. =)

There are! No, I didn’t know about that kit. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a popcorn ball kit. Thanks so much!! =)

Hi! Thanks for swinging by and linking this to our Marvelous Monday party – I’ll be sharing on FB and pinning this week.
    [email protected] recently posted…Link party: Marvelous Monday Party #69My Profile

Can you believe that I have never made or eaten a popcorn ball?!?! This looks so easy and so good i just need to go ahead make them!!!
    [email protected] Plaid and Paisley Kitchen recently posted…Pumpkin Bread with Candied WalnutsMy Profile

No!! You have to try a popcorn ball! Some are more candy-like, but these are more like marshmallow cereal treats. They’re so yummy that you should definitely try them! =)