This Easiest Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix is delicious as is. It’s also a great base that you can add all sorts of mix-ins – like flavored syrups, mini marshmallows, and spices – to. Even though I’m not a huge spicy food person, I love a little zip with my chocolate. So, my favorite way to drink this is with coconut milk (the kind in the carton, not the can) and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender, blend the sugar for about 15 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt.
- Blend for about 10 additional seconds.
- Store in a jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, stir about 1 tablespoon of cocoa mix into 6 ounces of hot milk.