I love anything cinnamon-flavored. As a kid, I rarely went for chocolate candies (except for Snickers). I usually picked Red Hots, Hot Tamales, or Atomic Fireballs. I just loved the combination of sweet and a little spicy.
This Slow Cooker Candy Apple Applesauce isn’t spicy, but it does have a nice cinnamon flavor and pretty red color. It’s also incredibly easy to make. Just toss the ingredients in your slow cooker, give it a quick stir, and let it cook. This applesauce is also a festive, healthier way to enjoy candy apples. And it’s hard to beat homemade applesauce when it comes to comfort food. So, if you love cinnamon and apples, definitely give this applesauce a try.
- 7 medium sauce apples peeled, cored and sliced (I used a combination of Gala, Granny Smith, and Golden Delicious apples)
- 1/2-1 c. cinnamon imperial candies (I like 3/4 cup).
- 1/3 c. apple cider
- Place apples, candies, and cider in a slow cooker (5 qt. or smaller).
- Give it a quick toss.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hour or on high for 3-4 hours, or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Applesauce can be pureed if you would like it to be smooth, and it's good served warm or chilled.