Happy Veterans’ Day! Sometimes Veterans’ Day gets lost in the shuffle, but I want to take a second to say how grateful I am for the men and women who serve our country and how grateful I am for their families and for all of sacrifices that they make.
This week is going to be a little different than normal on here. In anticipation of all of the holiday baking that’s getting underway, this week (Monday through Saturday) all of the new recipes will be cookie recipes – starting with this Iced Molasses Cookie Recipe. These rich cookies are soft with chewy edges, and they’re absolutely delicious. I’d be interested to hear what you think of this sort of thing, but I hope you enjoy this week! And don’t forget to check out some of the other cookie recipe links underneath the second picture below. Now, on to cookie week….
Welcome to #cookieweek my little cookie monsters! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1(one) Cookie Press, 1(one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1(one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) Bowl Scraper, 1(one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1(one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1(one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1(one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers – 16oz and 1(one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1(one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
A little about our sponsors:
The iconic Kitchenaid stand mixer was born in 1919, from there stemmed an entire kitchen of high-performance appliances -all created with the same attention to detail and quality.OXO’s mission is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier.King Arthur Flour was founded in 1790, as America’s oldest flour company they provided pure, high-quality flour to residents of the newly formed U.S., still going strong, they are the nation’s premier baking resource.Silpat was founded in 1965 by M Guy Demarle in Northern France. He was an experience baker seeing a better way to bake bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He invented the first non-stick baguette baking trays and a few years later invented and created the original Silpat.Zulka Pure Cane Sugar is a Non GMO Project Verified “Morena” sugar – a term used to described granulated sugars that do not undergo conventional refining processes. Zulka is perfect for baking, it tastes better, is less processed and is a cup for cup replacement.
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. molasses (not blackstrap)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. milk, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (use clear if you want it to be white)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Let the butter cook until it just starts to brown.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using an electric mixer).
- Add the sugar and molasses, and beat until well-combined.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Stir in vanilla extract until incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Cover, and refrigerate (or freeze if you’re in a hurry) for at least 6 hours (or 4 hours in the freezer). If you put the dough in the freezer, you'll need to set it out while the oven preheats.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Drop scoops of dough onto prepared cookie sheets using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons).
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. You want the edges to be just barely golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the icing, place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until evenly combined. (You may need to add more milk by the 1/2 teaspoon if the glaze is too thick to drizzle.)
- Put parchment or baking mats under the cooling rack.
- Drizzle icing over the cookies, and enjoy.
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate-Filled Christmas Thumbprint Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Peppermint Raisin Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Classic Gingersnap Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Coffee-Toffee Thumbprint Cookies from Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Andes Cookie Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Double Chocolate Biscotti by Love and Confections
- Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies from Omeletta
- Fruit Coolers by Texana’s Kitchen
- Gluten-free Elisenlebkuchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Iced Molasses Cookies with by i heart eating
- Nutella Cookies by Total Noms
- Orange Cream Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Rolo Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Saketini Christmas Balls from NinjaBaking.com