I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
I have some good stuff for you guys today – a recipe that involves lots of chocolate (including M&M’s!) and a contest. We’ve been doing a lot of baking at our house lately. That’s probably my favorite thing about winter. I love being able to turn the oven on, bake something delicious, and have the house smell awesome. And there aren’t too many things that make the house smell better than brownies – or in this case brownie bark.
This M&M Brownie Bark recipe makes crispy, chocolaty brittle that’s full of M&Ms and mini chocolate chips. It’s totally delicious, and it’s perfect for snacking or gifting.
Now, if you like things a little more on the chewy/crisp side, you can use a smaller baking sheet. You’ll end up with a brittle that is similar to the edge of a brownie. Whether you go crispy or chewy/crisp, you’ll end up with a yummy, chocolate treat!
And now, on to the contest…
Right now there is an awesome Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes going on for M&M’s.
Pin for a chance to win one of three $250 Walmart gift cards! It’s as easy as submitting your email and pinning an image. Simply complete the following steps:
1. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter http://www.pinterest.com/cbsocially/baking-with-mms/
Three (3) Winners will be selected at random – One (1) entry per person.
Contest runs 12/06/13 – 12/31/13.
**I’m having some compatibility issues with the code for this form. I’m trying to get this worked out ASAP, so hopefully I’ll have the entry form up soon!**
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 (12.6 oz.) bag plain or peanut M&Ms
- 1/2 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a 13×18-inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar, and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in oil and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, smoothing as needed.
- Sprinkle M&Ms evenly over batter, and then sprinkle mini chips over the batter.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool until it’s easy to handle.
- Break into pieces, and enjoy!
adapted from King Arthur Flour