I’m always a little hesitant when it comes to spiciness. I like having enough heat to give my food a little kick, but I don’t like having so much that it hurts. It’s also nice to have some other flavors – like sweetness and smokiness – to round out the spiciness.
This Slow Cooker Pineapple Chipotle Beef hits all of those notes. It has a good amount of heat, but it still has a nice bit of sweetness, savoriness, and smokiness. This beef is fantastic in tacos, quesadillas, and in just about any other dish. So, it’s just as perfect for game days as it is for week days.
- 1 chile + 1 T. sauce from can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 c. pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. liquid smoke
- 3-4 lbs. boneless chuck roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add the chile, sauce, juice, maple syrup, garlic, tomato paste, and liquid smoke to a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker.
- Add roast, fat side up, to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle roast with salt.
- Cover, and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Shred meat with 2 forks, and return to sauce.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray