What would a week of super snacks be without something sweet?! This Butterfinger Cup Puppy Chow is perfect for the big game! It’s really yummy and has Butterfinger Cups in the coating, and there are also pieces of candy in the mix.
This puppy chow can be made ahead of time (so that you’re not in the kitchen while everyone else is watching the game), and it’s totally snackable. Plus, how can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
- 10 c. toasted rice square cereal
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 8 (1.5 oz.) packages Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Measure cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and 4 packages Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups (8 cups) for 1 minute; stir.
- Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, tossing to coat.
- Pour into 2 1-gallon-sized resealable food-storage bags.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Seal bag, and shake until well coated.
- Chop remaining 4 packages (8 peanut butter cups), and toss in.
- Let it cool to room temperature on waxed or parchment paper.
You can also check out the commercial for the new Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups (below).
If you want to pick up some Butterfinger Cups at Walmart, just check the candy section by the registers. They were so popular that the store here was almost sold out.