It’s that time of year, and back to school means busy mornings. When I was in school, it seemed like there was never enough time for breakfast. I usually just grabbed whatever was handy or ate something on the way out the door.
I wish that I had known about overnight recipes back then! This Overnight Crockpot Banana Bread Oatmeal just takes a few minutes to throw together at night. Let your crock pot cook it while you sleep, and then, it’s ready in the morning (affiliate link). Just slice up a banana, throw on some brown sugar and nuts, and you have a yummy, healthy breakfast.
- 2 c. steel cut oats
- 6 c. water
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 c. mashed banana
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Brown sugar
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Grease slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, water, milk, banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- To serve, top (in order) with brown sugar, sliced bananas, and chopped nuts.