There is a certain big game coming up that I can't mention by name because it's trademarked, but you all know which game it is. Each year we make it a big family event with lots of yummy snacks, treats, and, of course, some chili.
This Apple Butter Chili is the perfect chili for a big get-together. It's a mild chili that has plenty of flavor. The apple butter adds a nice earthiness without making the chili too sweet. If you like your chili on the spicier side, though, feel free to add a little (or a lot) more chili powder. Either way you can't go wrong with this delicious chili!
Apple Butter Chili Recipe
- 1 lb . lean ground turkey
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2/3 c . Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 tsp . ancho chili powder (feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side)
- 1 T . unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T . liquid smoke
- 1/2 T . cumin
In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground turkey. Drain, and return the cooked meat to the pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine.
Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.
You can also find more recipes using Musselman's Apple Butter by clicking here, or you can watch the video below for even more great recipes.