Apple Fritter Muffins
- 1 ½ c . cake flour (6 oz.)
- 1/2 c . whole-wheat flour (2.38 oz.)
- 1/2 c . packed light brown sugar
- 1 T . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1/4 c . buttermilk
- 3 T . vegetable or canola oil
- 1 (6 oz. carton) low-fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 c . baking apple , peeled, in medium dice
- 1 T . granulated sugar
- 1 tsp . cake flour
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c . powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp . milk
- 1/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F.
For the muffins, line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly spray the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla.
In a small bowl, stir together diced apple, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Add flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined.
Gently fold in the apple chunks.
Divide batter equally among prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 18 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
Remove muffins from pans immediately and place them on a wire rack to cool.
For the glaze, whisk powdered sugar and milk together until well-combined.
Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon glaze over each muffin.
adapted from Recipe Girl
You might also like