Barbecue Chili recipe is one of my favorite cold-weather dinners. I'm not much of a cold-weather person. When it dropped to 70 degrees here the other day, I figured that it was close enough to winter. So, I made this chili and some corn bread for supper.This chili recipe couldn't be much easier – you brown the ground beef, throw everything in a pot, and then just let it simmer. It makes quite a bit, but it keeps well.
So much of the flavor of this chili depends on the barbecue sauce that you use. I usually use one with brown sugar because we like it to be a little sweet and spicy. Just choose whatever barbecue sauce you like, and it'll be great!
Barbecue Chili Recipe
- 1 lb . lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-15 oz. cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3-14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 16-18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp . chili powder feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side
- 1 T . molasses
- 1 T . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T . cumin
- 1 T . brown sugar
In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground meat. Drain.
Return the cooked meat to the pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.