It’s really starting to feel like summer here! We’ve had beautiful weather here lately, and we have been spending more time outside. Since it’s getting warm, I’m so ready to grill and enjoy all of the great summer food.
I love how casual meals are during the summer! We grill a lot during the summer because it’s so easy. Since I work from home, the kids can get a bit of cabin fever during the day; as soon as I’m done with work, we head to the park for a while. We try to keep dinnertime fairly easy most nights because there’s always a lot going on, and the kids are ready to eat and get back to playing. So, on the weeknights, we all love easy dinners.
During the summer, we also eat a lot of salads – like this Teriyaki Chicken Salad- because they are so easy to make. They are light and fresh, which is great when it’s hot outside. One of the things that I love about salads like this is how easy they are, which makes them perfect for weeknights any time of year. I already had most of the ingredients that I needed in my fridge, but I bought packages of shredded carrots and shredded cabbage to make things even easier and faster (they were the same price as buying the whole veggies, so why not!). Then, by the time the chicken was finished cooking, I just added the chicken and Campbell’s Grilled Chicken Teriyaki sauce to the veggies, and dinner was ready!
Meals like this are also great because they are so easy to customize. Everybody in my family likes to have different things on their salads. I just set out a larger bowl with the spinach, and then I put out little bowls with everything else. That way, the kids can decide what they want (and what they don’t want). My kids aren’t terribly fond of salads if I give them a plate of salad, but if they can “decorate” it, then they will eat it. And that is a huge win in my book.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- 1 lb . boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 6 c . fresh spinach
- 1 c . shredded red cabbage
- 1 c . shredded carrot
- 1 c . shelled edamame
- 1 c . sugar snap peas
- 1 c . fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 oz can mandarin oranges drained, 15 .
- 1 oz package Campbell’s Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sauce 10 .
Grill chicken tenders until it reaches 165 F internal temperature.
While the chicken is cooking, layer spinach, cabbage, carrot, edamame, peas, pineapple, and oranges.
When the chicken is finished cooking, cut into strips.
Toss chicken with Campbell's Grilled Teriyaki Sauce, and layer over rest of salad.
Check out Campbell’s Grill Sauces and tell me your favorite easy dinners in the comments to enter for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card! Be sure to visit Campbell on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/11/2015 – 6/7/2015.