It takes a lot for me to pass up pizza for a salad, but this salad is that good. It has so many of my favorite foods – crisp apples, juicy grapes, tangy Gorgonzola cheese, and sweet walnuts – all in one salad.
And it's topped with a deliciously tangy balsamic-Dijon dressing. Now, if I can only figure out how to make their red velvet cake…
Waldorf Salad California Pizza Kitchen Copycat
- 2/3-1 cup olive oil depending on how vinegary you want the dressing to be
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped chicken chilled
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2/3 cup seedless red grapes quartered
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6-7 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup glazed walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
To make the dressing, whisk oil and vinegar together.
Add remaining ingredients, and whisk until combined.
Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the salad, gently toss chicken, grapes, apple, celery, and walnuts together.
Toss in salad greens and dressing (or if you prefer, you can serve the chicken salad mixture over the greens and then drizzle the dressing over the top).
Sprinkle with Gorgonzola, and serve.
dressing adapted from food.com