There is a certain big game coming up that I can’t mention by name because it’s trademarked, but you all know which game it is. Each year we make it a big family event with lots of yummy snacks, treats, and, of course, some chili.
This Apple Butter Chili is the perfect chili for a big get-together. It’s a mild chili that has plenty of flavor. The apple butter adds a nice earthiness without making the chili too sweet. If you like your chili on the spicier side, though, feel free to add a little (or a lot) more chili powder. Either way you can’t go wrong with this delicious chili!
Apple Butter Chili Recipe
- 1 lb . lean ground turkey
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans red or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2/3 c . Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1 tsp . ancho chili powder (feel free to add more if you like things on the spicier side)
- 1 T . unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 T . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T . liquid smoke
- 1/2 T . cumin
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground turkey. Drain, and return the cooked meat to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring as needed, for about 1-2 hours.
You can also find more recipes using Musselman’s Apple Butter by clicking here, or you can watch the video below for even more great recipes.