My son is really excited for Halloween this year.
Since our kids are still young, we go to the Boo at the Zoo.
My daughter slept through the whole thing, but my son loved it.
This is the first year that he’s old enough to remember all of the fun and festivities from the last year, and he’s pretty much been talking about Halloween since last Halloween.
So, we’ve started making things like these Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Chocolate Icing.
These moist, pumpkin-spice donuts are topped with an easy, fudgy, chocolate icing.
They’re an easy and delicious way to get into the Fall spirit.
If you’ve tried this baked pumpkin donut recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Chocolate Icing
- 1/4 c . butter (melted)
- 1/4 c . nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 c . granulated sugar
- 2 c . all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp . ground ginger
- 1 tsp . salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c . butter
- 2 T . unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c . milk
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- To make the donuts, preheat oven to 350 F. Spray two (6-count) doughnut pans with a flour-based baking spray, like Baker's Joy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, yogurt, and pumpkin.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; whisk until well-combined.
- Whisk in sugar until combined.
- Add flour mixture, and whisk until just incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, smoothing as needed.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until set and light golden brown.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the icing.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa powder, and milk to boil.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until well-combined.
- Remove donuts from pan and place on a wire cooling rack. I place a piece of parchment or a silicone baking mat under the rack to catch drips.
- Drizzle icing over warm donuts.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if using.
- Donuts are best enjoyed warm.