This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
There are certain items that we grab almost every time we go to the grocery store – milk, bread, and bananas. I try to keep bananas around because they are such an easy grab-and-go snack, and everyone likes them.
And having lots of bananas around means that some of them are going to end up as banana bread or muffins. These Banana Muffins are incredibly easy to make – no mixer necessary. They also come together really quickly and are ready to go in the oven by the time my oven is preheated. And they taste great! They are soft and moist with great banana flavor. These muffins are also made with lots of calorie-saving swaps that help keep them more waist-line friendly. They taste so good, though, that no one will guess that they are made with lighter ingredients.
Banana Muffin Recipe
Banana muffin recipe
- 1 1/2 c . whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 c . liquid-egg substitute
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/2 c . granulated sugar
- 1/4 c . SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granular
- 3 T . canola oil
- 2/3 c . milk fat-free
- 1 tsp . lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg substitute slightly and stir in mashed bananas, sugar, Splenda, oil, milk, and lemon peel. Add to flour mixture stirring just until combined.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then turn out of pans. Serve warm or refrigerate or freeze for later use.