Need a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe? This black bean lasagna is quick, versatile, and super yummy. It's great as is or with a little leftover shredded chicken, beef, or pork thrown in.
Black Bean Lasagna
- 2-14 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions , undrained
- 2-10 ounce cans Rotel drained (I use one mild green chile and one cilantro and lime)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12-18 small corn tortillas see step 7 the instructions
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, stir together black beans, tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and salt.
Spread heaping 1/2 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
Place 6 tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
Layer half of bean mixture and then 1 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, and cheese.
Can top with another layer of tortillas, if desired. If topping with an additional layer of tortillas, skip cheese on previous layer, and sprinkle cheese over tortillas.
Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Let stand 5-10 minutes, uncovered, before serving.