Need a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe?
More vegetarian dinner recipes!
Black Bean Lasagna
Vegetarian black bean lasagna recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Course: Main Course
Keyword: black bean lasagna, vegetarian black bean casserole
- 2-14 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions (undrained)
- 2-10 ounce cans Rotel (drained (I use one mild green chile and one cilantro and lime))
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12-18 small corn tortillas (see step 7 the instructions)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, stir together black beans, tomatoes, Rotel, taco seasoning, and salt.
- Spread heaping 1/2 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Place 6 tortillas over the bean mixture, overlapping tortillas slightly.
- Layer half of bean mixture and then 1 cup of shredded cheese over tortillas.
- Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, and cheese.
- Can top with another layer of tortillas, if desired. If topping with an additional layer of tortillas, skip cheese on previous layer, and sprinkle cheese over tortillas.
- Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray, and cover baking pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, uncovered, before serving.
Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 235kcal (12%)Carbohydrates: 27g (9%)Protein: 12g (24%)Fat: 9g (14%)Saturated Fat: 4g (20%)Cholesterol: 26mg (9%)Sodium: 691mg (29%)Potassium: 441mg (13%)Fiber: 7g (28%)Sugar: 2g (2%)Vitamin A: 280IU (6%)Vitamin C: 9.4mg (11%)Calcium: 255mg (26%)Iron: 2.6mg (14%)