I go through phases with salads. There are times when I really like them, and then I can go for a while without having one again. I like a lot of “stuff” in my salad, and this Black Bean Southwest Salad is one that I could eat all the time.
It’s super easy to make; it takes less than 10 minutes to throw it together. This black bean southwest salad is also really easy to change up depending on what you have in your pantry or fridge, which makes it a great clean-out-the-fridge meal.
Plus, even though it’s made from simple ingredients, it’s really, really tasty!
Black Bean Southwest Salad
- 6 c . romaine lettuce
- 1 c . canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 c . canned corn
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1 roma tomato (diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 c . cilantro
- 2 T . queso fresco
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue sauce
- Divide the lettuce between two dishes.
- Top each bowl of lettuce with half of black beans, corn, diced bell pepper, diced tomato, sliced avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and barbecue sauce.