When it comes to fruity desserts, the fruit filling is almost always my favorite part.
As a kid, I would pick the fruit filling out of pies and leave the crust.
I would do the same when it came to cobblers. The biscuits and pie crust just didn’t hold much appeal for me; they just seemed to lack a little something.
This blackberry cobbler with cinnamon swirl biscuits solves that problem.
Not only is the blackberry filling a yummy mixture of tart and sweet, but the cinnamon swirl biscuits add an extra layer of sweetness and flavor.
Add a scoop of ice cream, and you have a perfect summer dessert!
Blackberry Cobbler with Cinnamon Swirl Biscuits
- 1/3-1/2 cup granulated sugar depending on desired sweetness
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Swirl Biscuits*
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, orange juice, cornstarch, and vanilla.
- Add blackberries, and toss to combine.
- Divide blackberries among 8 8-ounce ramekins.
- Set ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Top each ramekin with an unbaked cinnamon swirl biscuit.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until filling is hot and bubbly and biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cobblers stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Desserts from the Loveless Cafe.