Gourmet popcorn recipe! This baked Caramel Cashew Crunch Popcorn recipe is a delicious snack or dessert that’s so easy to make!
I love this time of year! I think I say that all year long about every season and every time of year. I do love that there are things to look forward to all year long, but I really, really love Christmas.
I’ve been listening to Christmas music every day, making cookies, and watching Christmas movies with my family. It’s so fun to watch all of the movies that I loved as a kid and get to see my kids fall in love with those same movies.
Caramel Cashew Crunch Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 c . butter
- 1 c . brown sugar packed
- 1/4 c . light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp . kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla
- 1 c . marshmallows
- 12 c . popped popcorn
- 2 c . cashews
- 1/4 c . chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a large, heavy pot, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once at a boil, stop stirring, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Place popcorn and cashews on cookie sheet.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn, and toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and stir.
- Continue baking in two more 15 minute intervals and stirring (for a total of 45 minutes).
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Once at room temperature, melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir, and continue microwaving in 15 second intervals as needed to melt chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over cooled popcorn, and break into pieces.