Gourmet popcorn recipe! This baked Caramel Cashew Crunch Popcorn recipe is a delicious snack or dessert that’s so easy to make!
I love this time of year! I think I say that all year long about every season and every time of year. I do love that there are things to look forward to all year long, but I really, really love Christmas.
It’s so fun to watch all of the movies that I loved as a kid and get to see my kids fall in love with those same movies.
Some nights we have hot chocolate, other nights we have popcorn.
We all really love popcorn, and this Caramel Cashew Crunch Popcorn is a great one!
Caramel Cashew Crunch Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 c . butter
- 1 c . brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 c . light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp . kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla
- 1 c . marshmallows
- 12 c . popped popcorn
- 2 c . cashews
- 1/4 c . chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a large, heavy pot, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once at a boil, stop stirring, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Place popcorn and cashews on cookie sheet.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn, and toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and stir.
- Continue baking in two more 15 minute intervals and stirring (for a total of 45 minutes).
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Once at room temperature, melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir, and continue microwaving in 15 second intervals as needed to melt chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over cooled popcorn, and break into pieces.