Combo foods are awesome! You get to enjoy two foods that you love together in one superfood.For these Chicken Fajita Nachos, tender, fajita-seasoned chicken and veggies come together with the cheesy goodness of nachos for one incredibly tasty dish!
The off-the-block freshness of Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican makes a huge difference. Since there aren’t very many ingredients in this recipe, using fresh, quality ingredients is key because it really affects the taste.
We topped these nachos with a little fresh cilantro, but they would also be great with sour cream, guacamole, or any other topping that you like on your nachos or in your fajitas.
Chicken Fajita Nachos
- 2 T . olive oil (divided)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 small white or yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 lb . chicken (sliced in bite-sized pieces)
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 1/2 c . water
- 1 small lime (juiced)
- Pinch brown sugar
- Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to low broil (500 F).
- Heat large oven safe skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and then add sliced peppers and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft.
- Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to same skillet.
- Sear chicken on both sides.
- Add fajita seasoning, water, lime juice, and brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring as needed, until chicken is to temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Return veggies to pan, and toss to combine.
- Remove veggies and chicken to plate.
- Layer in chips, chicken/veggie mix, and half of cheese.
- Repeat layers one more time.
- Broil, watching closely, until cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Top with cilantro before serving.
Look for Specially Marked Packages of Sargento® Shredded Cheese for $1 Savings at your local Kroger.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and texts are all mine.