Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are super soft chocolate chocolate chip cookies. These chocolate chip cookies are made with pudding so they’re soft and stay soft!
If there’s one thing that my kids can’t get enough of, it’s cookies. Crunchy cookies have been growing on me, but my kids will take a nice, soft cookie any day.
These chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies are just the sort of soft cookies that they love. Not only are these chocolate chocolate chip cookies soft, but they actually stay soft.
So, they’re perfect for lunch boxes, pot lucks, or any other time when you need to make cookies ahead of time and still have them taste great later on.
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Beat the butter and sugar together until well-combined. Beat in the pudding mix until combined.
Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop scoops of dough onto the prepared baking pan.
Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies should be soft in the center and set at the edges.
- Butter: Room temperature means that the butter is about 70F. The butter should dent when pressed but shouldn’t be overly soft, smooshy, or too warm.
- Pudding: Be sure to use instant pudding mix. I’ve also used 3.9 ounce boxes of pudding mix, and they work just fine in this recipe.
- Flour: Be sure to properly measure the flour. Packing the flour will give you cookies that will be heavy, doughy, and won’t spread.
- Chocolate chips: You can use bittersweet, dark, milk, or even white chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Baking: The cookies should still look soft and puffy in the center. This helps to keep the cookies soft.
These cookies should be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More Cookie Recipes!
If you’ve tried this chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar (packed)
- 3.4 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour1
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookies by 1.5 tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set and centers are still soft.2
- Be sure to sift or fluff your flour prior to measuring to avoid getting too much flour in the dough. Too much flour will make for a hard, dry cookie.
- Also, the cookies should look soft and slightly underdone when you take them out. This helps to keep the cookies soft.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 6/15/17. Updated with new photos and tips 2/14/20.