Easy, no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites taste like dessert but are healthy enough to enjoy as a snack or even for breakfast!
Snacks are kind of a big deal at my house. It can be difficult to get my three small kids to sit still long enough to eat very much. So, I try to get in a little extra nutrients in our snacks or desserts. Plus, I like to have some healthier options around.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are incredibly easy to make. Just pulse, scoop, and chill. Then, you can grab a bite whenever you feel like it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1/2 c . unsalted almonds
- 2/3 c . dried pitted dates
- 1/4 c . bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 c . natural peanut butter without sugar
- 2 T . unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp . unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place almonds in a food processor, and pulse until finely ground.
- Remove 2 tablespoons ground almonds and set aside.
- Add dates, bittersweet chocolate, peanut butter, and peanuts. Pulse until finely chopped and uniformly mixed.
- Scoop with medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons), packing as you scoop.
- Roll into a ball.
- Add cocoa powder to reserved ground almonds, and stir to combine.
- Roll energy bite in chocolate/almond mixture.
- Enjoy immediately, or chill until ready to eat.
Adapted from Power Snacks (affiliate link).