I love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate.
I think my other favorite pumpkin flavor combo has to pumpkin and cream cheese.
There’s a reason that pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting are such a classic!
These Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies are kinda like two-bite pumpkin bars.
The moist pumpkin cookies sandwich a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling.
So, you get all of the flavors of a pumpkin bar in a yummy little cookie.
If you’ve tried this cream cheese-filled pumpkin sandwich cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
More pumpkin cookie recipes!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies
- 1 ¾ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ c . rolled oats
- 1 ¼ tsp . baking powder
- 2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp . ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp . sea salt ((or 1/4 tsp. table salt))
- 1 c . butter ( at room temperature)
- 1 c . brown sugar (packed)
- 2/3 c . granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans or walnuts
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 oz . cream cheese (at room temperature (reduced-fat ok))
- 1/4 c . plain Greek yogurt ((nonfat ok))
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 ½ - 2 c . powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer (either hand or stand), beat together butter and sugars until well-combined.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and pumpkin.
- Add flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Stir in nuts, if using.
- Using a medium (1 1/2-tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop dough about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, and then remove to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cookies have reached room temperature, prepare the cream cheese filling.
- Beat together cream cheese and Greek yogurt until well-combined.
- Stir in vanilla and enough powdered sugar to make a spreadable filling.
- Flip half of the cookies flat-side up.
- Spread cookies with filling, and top with a second cookie.
- Any remaining cookies should be stored in the fridge.