Quick dinners make life easier.
This Fettuccine Ricotta with Blistered Balsamic Tomatoes is a mouthful, but it’s so simple and easy to make.
It comes together in about 20 minutes.
Since it is so simple, it makes a big difference to use fresh ingredients.
It’s perfect for the summer because it isn’t heavy, and in-season tomatoes really make the dish.
Fettuccine Ricotta with Blistered Balsamic Tomatoes
- 16 ounce package dry fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add tomatoes, and cook until they begin to wilt.
- Add garlic and balsamic vinegar, and continue to cook until most of the balsamic has been reduced.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta and Parmesan.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, drain, reserving 2-3 tablespoons pasta water, and return to pot.
- Toss 2 tablespoons water and ricotta mixture with hot pasta.
- Add remaining tablespoon water, if necessary.
- Serve pasta topped with balsamic tomatoes, fresh basil, pepper, and an additional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.