I’ve been thinking about these cookies ever since I made my pb&j sandwich cookies. Those cookies are awesome, but the dough needs to be chilled for several hours before they’re baked.
I’ve made no secret of my love for all things peanut butter and marshmallow, so I think these Fluffernutter Sandwich Cookies are pretty awesome (if I do say so myself!).
They have a toasty marshmallow and melty chocolate center all sandwiched in between classic, soft and crumbly peanut butter cookies. Really, how can you not love that?!
You may also like…
Fluffernutter Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter not natural
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 marshmallow stackers or 10 large marshmallows cut in half horizontally
- milk chocolate bars like Hershey's
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add peanut butter, and stir until incorporated.
- Add flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt; stir until just combined.
- Using a medium (1 ½ tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop dough and place 1 ½- to 2-inches apart on lined cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to make cross-hatch design, if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cookies sit for about 2 minutes.
- Flip cookies over flat side-up. Top half cookies with marshmallows and the other half with chocolates.
- Return to oven for 3-4 minutes, or until marshmallows have puffed slightly and chocolate has softened.
- Put a chocolate half with a marshmallow half, and gently press together.
- Enjoy warm, or cool to room temperature.