I finally broke down and bought a spiralizer (affiliate link – this is the one I have). I went back and forth about it trying to decide whether or not I needed another gadget. Finally, I decided it would be worth it to be able to make zoodles – like this Greek Zoodles recipe.These zucchini noodles are topped with a hearty, flavorful sauce. The hot sauce softens the zoodles up just enough without making them mushy or watery. Not having to pre-cook the zoodles also makes this a quick meal that’s ready in about 20 minutes. It’s a yummy, good-for-you dinner that’s perfect for weeknights!
Greek Zoodles Recipe
- 1/2 lb . ground beef
- Any combination of 2 red yellow, or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 T . dried basil
- 1 tsp . dried oregano
- 1/2 c . pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 c . crumbled feta cheese
- 2 T . fresh oregano torn
- Salt and pepper
- 5 zucchini
- In a large skillet, cook the beef until browned; drain.
- Add peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- While sauce is simmering, trim ends from washed zucchini.
- Spiralize zucchini according to spiralizer directions.
- Serve sauce over zucchini noodles (zoodles), and top with olives, feta, and fresh oregano just before serving.