When I was a kid, I remember grilling burgers and hot dogs. Sometimes we’d even grill chicken. But that was about it.
Now, it seems like people grill just about everything! Pizzas, cake, you name it, and people grill it!
One of the tastiest (and healthiest) things to grill is fruit. These Grilled Apples a la Mode are super tasty, though maybe not super healthy. The grill caramelizes the sugar in the apples, and the the fruit gets warm and tender crisp. Add a scoop of ice cream, and you have a fantastic summer dessert!
Grilled Apples a la Mode
- 2 medium cooking apples halved and cored
- 1 T . butter melted
- 1 tsp . granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- Heat grill pan on medium-low.
- Brush inside and outside of apples with butter.
- Place cut side down on grill.
- Grill for about 5 minutes, or until apple has grill marks and is softened.
- Flip over so the apple is cut side up.
- Brush with remaining butter, and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Continue to cook until apple reaches desired softness. I like my apples tender crisp so I grill for about 10-12 minutes total.
- Remove from grill, and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Want even more grilled recipes? Check these out!
Grilled Garlic-Dijon Chicken & Grapes from Bread Booze Bacon
Grilled Chicken Wings from Kleinworth & Co.
Grilled Peaches and Arugula Pizza from Cooking with Curls
Grilled BBQ Bacon and Shrimp Skewers from Home.Made.Interest.
Balsamic Chicken with Peaches and Prosciutto from The Creative Bite
Grilled Pineapple Coconut Sundaes from Celebrating Sweets
Grilled Watermelon Frozen Margaritas from Nomegeddon
Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packets from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers from Liz on Call
Grilled Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce from Around My Family Table