Let me get something out of the way up front: this is not, in any way, meant to be authentic. It doesn’t have things like coffee or egg yolks or mascarpone cheese in it.
Hot Chocolate Tiramisu
- 1/2 c . heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c . granulated sugar
- 8 oz . package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ c . hot water
- 1/4 c . hot chocolate mix
- 3 oz . package ladyfingers
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream on medium speed until you can see the tracks in the whipping cream, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in cream cheese until combined.
- In a separate small dish, stir together hot water and hot chocolate mix.
- Place a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of the cream mixture in a trifle dish.
- Dip ladyfingers in hot chocolate, and place in a single layer in dish.
- Repeat layers, ending with cream layer.
- Top with a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder or grated chocolate.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.