Let me get something out of the way up front: this is not, in any way, meant to be authentic. It doesn’t have things like coffee or egg yolks or mascarpone cheese in it.
Hot Chocolate Tiramisu
Hot Chocolate Tiramisu recipe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: hot chocolate tiramisu, tiramisu without coffee
- 1/2 c . heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 c . granulated sugar
- 8 oz . package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ c . hot water
- 1/4 c . hot chocolate mix
- 3 oz . package ladyfingers
- With an electric mixer, beat whipping cream on medium speed until you can see the tracks in the whipping cream, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in cream cheese until combined.
- In a separate small dish, stir together hot water and hot chocolate mix.
- Place a small amount (about 1/4 cup) of the cream mixture in a trifle dish.
- Dip ladyfingers in hot chocolate, and place in a single layer in dish.
- Repeat layers, ending with cream layer.
- Top with a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder or grated chocolate.
- Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition values are estimates.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 938kcal (47%)Carbohydrates: 122g (41%)Protein: 15g (30%)Fat: 45g (69%)Saturated Fat: 27g (135%)Cholesterol: 236mg (79%)Sodium: 754mg (31%)Potassium: 372mg (11%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 90g (100%)Vitamin A: 1735IU (35%)Calcium: 242mg (24%)Iron: 2mg (11%)