These Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies have a subtle yellow color and lemon flavor. They're a nice, balanced blend of tart and sweet. They're also very soft and tender – almost like little cakes. So, if you're looking for something a little different for your cookie tray, give these yummy guys a try!
Also, there are links a bunch of other great cookie recipes below if you'd like even more cookie goodness. Now, on to cookie week…
Welcome to #cookieweek! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of their blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 ¼ c . all-purpose flour
- 1 T . cornstarch
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1/4 tsp . kosher salt
- 1/4 c . butter , melted
- 4 oz . cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/4 c . freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp . freshly grated lemon zest/rind
- 1/4 c . granulated sugar (for rolling)
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together.
In a large bowl, stir melted butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until well-combined.
Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; stir well to combine.
Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
Stir in flour mixture, and mix until just incorporated.
Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hou8-24 hours.
Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons), scoop dough. The dough will be very sticky, so it try to handle it as little as possible.
Roll dough in granulated sugar, and then place dough balls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until middle is set and edges are very lightly golden brown.
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Cocoa Fudge Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Macadamia and White Chocolate Chip Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Maple Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Maple Cookies by Total Noms
Monster Cookies, All Kinds of Evil Chewy Goodness by Texana's Kitchen
- Nutella Cookies by NinjaBaking.com
- Nutmeg Logs by Love and Confections
- Oatmeal Raisin by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Pumpkin and Apple Dog Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Raspberry Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Spicy Ginger Chews by Crumb
- Vodka Cookies by Masala Herb