These Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies have a subtle yellow color and lemon flavor.
They’re a nice, balanced blend of tart and sweet.
They’re also very soft and tender – almost like little cakes. So, if you’re looking for something a little different for your cookie tray, give these yummy guys a try!
Also, there are links a bunch of other great cookie recipes below if you’d like even more cookie goodness. Now, on to cookie week…
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest/rind
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar ((for rolling))
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, stir melted butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until well-combined.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; stir well to combine.
- Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour mixture, and mix until just incorporated.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hou8-24 hours.
- Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons), scoop dough. The dough will be very sticky, so it try to handle it as little as possible.
- Roll dough in granulated sugar, and then place dough balls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until middle is set and edges are very lightly golden brown.
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Cocoa Fudge Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Macadamia and White Chocolate Chip Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Maple Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Maple Cookies by Total Noms
- Monster Cookies, All Kinds of Evil Chewy Goodness by Texana’s Kitchen
- Nutella Cookies by NinjaBaking.com
- Nutmeg Logs by Love and Confections
- Oatmeal Raisin by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Blossoms by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Pumpkin and Apple Dog Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Raspberry Streusel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Frosting by Chocolate Moosey
- Spicy Ginger Chews by Crumb
- Vodka Cookies by Masala Herb