This post has been sponsored by Uncle Ben’s. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of my favorite types of dinners are easy, one dish meals. Dinner time can be hectic, and it seems like there’s always a lot going on around dinner time. So, skillet meals, casseroles, and any other type of one pot or one dish meals are go-to’s in my house.
It makes dinner (and life) so much easier when the meal can be cooked entirely in one dish. This Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Casserole is an incredibly simple and tasty chicken and rice casserole with an added kick of Mediterranean flavor. This casserole starts with UNCLE BEN’S® Flavored Grains Long Grain & Wild Original Recipe. Since it’s rice and seasoning in one, it makes a great meal starter! Then, the casserole gets even more flavor with the addition of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, even more seasoning, and lean boneless, skinless chicken breast. And because you don’t have to cook the chicken or rice ahead of time, this dish is that much easier to make! You simply layer everything in the baking dish, cover, and pop it in the oven. Since the dish takes so little hands-on time, it gives you that much more time back in your evening.
Bonus! Between 2/12/17 and 2/28/17, buy 2Uncle Ben®’s Flavored Grains Long Grain products, get $1 off at Fry’s Food Stores, or any of the other Kroger family of stores.
Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 6 ounce box UNCLE BEN'S® Flavored Grains Long Grain & Wild Original Recipe
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (, in 1-inch chunks)
- 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic (, minced)
- Salt and pepper (, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish (I used a 2.2 quart).
- Add rice and seasoning packet to baking dish.
- Top rice with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add chicken on top of spinach.
- In a bowl, whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Pour broth mixture around chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until rice has absorbed the desired amount of liquid.