Nutella-Filled Pumpkin Spice Muffins are moist buttermilk pumpkin spice muffins filled with a generous dollop of Nutella.
So, a couple days ago I opened one of the jumbo cans of pumpkin that I’d been saving and went a little crazy. Over the next two days, I made pumpkin cookies, cake, donuts, bread, and these Nutella-Filled Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
These moist pumpkin spice muffins are filled with a generous dollop of Nutella. So, they have two of my favorite flavor combos – pumpkin and chocolate and pumpkin and spice – all in one, delicious muffin.
Nutella-Filled Pumpkin Cinnamon-Spice Muffins
- 2 1/2 c . all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c . granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1 tsp . salt
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp . ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c . buttermilk ((low-fat ok))
- 1 c . pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c . vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 3/4 c . Nutella
- Sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 16 muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Divide about 1/2 of the batter evenly between all of the muffin tins.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Nutella to each muffin tin.
- Divide remaining batter evenly between muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar, if using.
- Bake for about 14-20 minutes, or until muffins are done.
- Let muffins cool for 5-10 minutes in pan.