We don’t go out for Italian food very often, but when we do, I almost always get chicken parmesan. Just as an aside, I’ve seen it as both “parmesan” and “parmigiana”. I have no idea whether one is correct. It’s like the whole donut/doughnut issue. Anyway, I love the combination of crispy chicken, sauce, and noodles.
However, I don’t love the idea of frying my own chicken at home. This One Skillet Chicken Parmesan is an easy, short-cut way to get that combination. It’s made entirely in one (large) skillet, and it only takes about 35 minutes to make. So, you can easily enjoy a quick weeknight meal of chicken parm without all of the work (and mess)
More easy chicken dinner recipes!
One-Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Easy one-skillet chicken parmesan makes a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast in 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 12 ounce package egg noodles
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2-14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon .talian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, and heat until boiling.
- Add egg noodles, and cook until al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, preheat oven to 350 F.
- When noodles are al dente, add garlic, diced tomatoes with juice, crushed tomatoes, seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, and top with mozzarella.
- Toss bread crumbs with seasoning, and sprinkle over cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil over bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
*Nutrition facts are estimated.
Nutrition facts per serving (1g)