It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and holiday everything is in full-swing.
We’re making all sorts of cookies (I have a recipe I’m so excited to share coming up soon), finishing up Christmas shopping, and just generally getting into the holiday spirit.
But at the end of the day, we still have to eat dinner. This time of year, maybe more than any other, it’s nice to have a quick dinner recipe at the end of a long day.
This one skillet creamy lemon garlic chicken is a super easy, super tasty dinner recipe. It’s ready in about 30 minutes, which makes it perfect for weeknights. I like to pair this chicken recipe with a green salad and some whole grain bread to keep things simple and easy.
One Skillet Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken
One skillet creamy lemon garlic chicken is an easy one skillet chicken dinner recipe that's ready in about 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small shallot finely diced*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh thyme
- Using a meat mallet, pound down the chicken breasts to ½-inch thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken to a plate, and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk broth, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots into now empty skillet, scraping up any browned bits.
- Simmer sauce until it reduces down to about 1/2 cup, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in butter and cream.
- Return chicken to pan, and spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme just before serving.
*If you can't find a shallot, substitute 1/4 cup finely diced red onion.
**Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition facts per serving (1g)
More easy chicken dinner recipes!