Peach butter is the summery alternative to apple butter, and it’s a great way to use up peaches that are a little overripe. It has a delicious, concentrated peach flavor. So, it’s like summer in a jar.
- 3 c . chopped peeled peaches
- 1/4 c . granulated sugar you may need to add more depending on the ripeness of your peaches
- 2 T . lemon juice
- Puree peaches until smooth.
- Add peach puree, sugar, and lemon juice to a large saucepan; stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until peaches cooked down and have thickened. It took about 40 minutes for my peach puree to thicken.
- Let it cool to about room temperature, and then it can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
You may also like