I’ve stopped thinking of the seasons by their names. Now, I think of them by the foods that are popular during that season. So, as we head out of pumpkin/cranberry/apple season and into peppermint/gingerbread/eggnog season, I thought I’d go ahead and break out the peppermint.I’m actually not a huge peppermint bark fan. I like a little more crunch in my food. So, I came up with this Peppermint Bark Chex Mix as an easy substitute. You still get all of the flavors of a piece of peppermint bark, but you also get a little crisp cereal to break up all of the creaminess.And, seriously, it’s awesome! We couldn’t stop eating it! In fact, I had a hard time getting any pictures of it without my kids’ hands in the pictures. So, if you like peppermint bark, you’ll love this yummy twist on it.
- 2 oz . chocolate almond bark
- 2 oz . white chocolate almond bark
- 6 c . rice Chex cereal
- 1 c . crushed peppermint candy
- Place the chocolate almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds; stir.
- Continue microwaving in 15-second intervals and then stirring until the almond bark has melted. It took mine about 1 minute.
- Repeat process with white chocolate almond bark in a separate bowl.
- Spread cereal out on a piece of parchment paper or on a silicone baking mat.
- Drizzle the chocolate almond bark over the cereal.
- Repeat with the white chocolate almond bark.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy evenly over the almond bark before it sets up.
- Let the cereal sit at room temperature until the almond bark sets.