Pumpkin Praline Cookies are soft and tender pumpkin spice cookies that are topped with brown sugar praline frosting. Great pumpkin dessert recipe!
When I make pumpkin recipes, I often end up with part of a can of pumpkin puree leftover at the end.
These Pumpkin Praline Cookies are the perfect way to use up that little bit of extra pumpkin that’s left.
The cookies have a mild pumpkin spice flavor and soft, tender texture. They are topped with a rich, brown sugar praline frosting that adds a yummy extra bit of sweetness to the cookies.
Feel free to add more pumpkin pie spice if you like a spicier cookie!
More Pumpkin Recipes!
Pumpkin Praline Cookies
- 1 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder,baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour until incorporated.
- Drop medium cookie scoops (1.5 tablespoons) of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are set.
- To make the icing, combine the butter, cream, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for one minute.
Remove from heat.
Whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and incorporated. Be sure to sift the powdered sugar before adding it to avoid lumps in the frosting.
- Stir in the nuts.
Spread the frosting on top of the cookies.