Pumpkin Praline Cookies are soft and tender pumpkin spice cookies that are topped with brown sugar praline frosting. Great pumpkin dessert recipe!
When I make pumpkin recipes, I often end up with part of a can of pumpkin puree leftover at the end.
These Pumpkin Praline Cookies are the perfect way to use up that little bit of extra pumpkin that’s left.
The cookies have a mild pumpkin spice flavor and soft, tender texture. They are topped with a rich, brown sugar praline frosting that adds a yummy extra bit of sweetness to the cookies.
Feel free to add more pumpkin pie spice if you like a spicier cookie!
More Pumpkin Recipes!
Pumpkin Praline Cookies
- 1 cup butter (at cool room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder,baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour until incorporated.
- Drop medium cookie scoops (1.5 tablespoons) of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are set.
- To make the icing, combine the butter, cream, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once it comes to a boil, allow it to boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth and incorporated. Be sure to sift the powdered sugar before adding it to avoid lumps in the frosting.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the frosting on top of the cookies.