I wanted to sneak in at least one more pumpkin recipe before pumpkin spice season ends.
These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are a great fall dessert recipe!
The cupcakes are nicely spiced pumpkin cupcakes. The cupcakes are nice and moist because of both the pumpkin puree and the buttermilk.
And the frosting!
It’s sweet and creamy cream cheese frosting with an awesome boost of maple syrup flavor.
These cupcakes are also a great make-ahead dessert for Thanksgiving because they taste just as good (or even better) after a day in the fridge.
More pumpkin recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese, (softened)
- 2 tablespoons butter, (softened)
- 1/3 c. real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- Toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line 18 muffin cups. Set aside.
- Beat together vegetable oil and brown sugar until well-combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Stir in vanilla, pumpkin puree, and buttermilk until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-22 minutes, or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together until well-combined.
- Mix in maple syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in powdered sugar until combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting, and sprinkle with toasted pecans just before serving.
- Store frosted cupcakes in the fridge.