Friends, I’ve told you all how much I love roasted garlic. It’s just such good stuff! It gives this Roasted Garlic Black Bean Hummus great flavor without overwhelming the rest of the flavors. It also adds a nice richness to the dish. So, if you’re looking for a snack or appetizer that is healthy but still has lots of flavor, then this recipe is for you.
Roasted Garlic Black Bean Hummus
- 12-15 cloves garlic
- 2 T . extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1/3 c . chopped fresh cilantro , plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 T . fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp . ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a small baking dish with foil.
- Put garlic cloves in the center of the foil; drizzle with 2 tablespoon of olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold up the foil packet and seal tightly.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until soft.
- Let garlic cool for about 10-15 minutes, or until it’s about room temperature.
- Place the garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt, and beans into a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl; sprinkle with additional cilantro.